Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Breast Tenderness

Posted by earthygal52 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 7, 08 at 19:48

I am 52 and have been going through menopause, I too have very sore and painful nipples and breasts, I need to get a mammogram , but i'm just too sore, my mother died from Breast Cancer at the age of 55 only because she chose not to do anything about it, I'm not going down that way, I am relieved that other women are going through this, so it is normal, I was getting pretty scared, I will try evening primrose oil, anything to relieve this agony, Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Breast Tenderness

Hi Earthygal

I know what you mean. I've read that breast tenderness tends to happen more often with "estrogen dominance". Have you been tested? You might have a higher level of estrogen than progesterone. Stopping caffeine also helped me.
Bobbi -

o

Hi,Bobbi54, Thank you so much for that info, I believe you're right on, I am overweight and I know that is the cause of being "Estrogen Dominant" I need to find a gynocoligist so I can take care of this,Thanks again!

o

I would also like to mention Dr. Christiane Northrupp's book called "The Wisdom of Menopause". It is so full of wonderful information for you. Bobbi

o

I am 55 and my nipples are really sore! My last period was Dec. 2007. I am glad all you women are here, now I am not so nervous. My breath even hurts the nipples when I blow on them.

o

Hi Ladies, Just wanted to mention, I have gotten relief, I've been taking Mega Omegas, Multi-vitamin's for over 50(no Iron),Lysine 1000 mg. and this seems to help, so don't give up, take back your life, it's just too short to be suffering like that, good Luck to you all!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here