SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
streichk

Is this what life over 50 is suppose to be like?

StreichK
10 years ago

I am 52 years of age - and probably smack into the menopause / night sweat gig. I was ok dealing with this but then came. . .
1. The great recession that took my income down 60%
2. Got work with a corporation that only decided to freeze incomes for 3 years then laid us off.
3. Had a husband going through a 30-day addiction treatment center. Only to have him come home and take a part-time job for the past 6 years while I always had the primary income job.
4. Now he tells me I am overweight (Fat), a little crazy and that my attitude stinks. The more he keeps saying it seems to be becoming my reality especially since I am having trouble finding my place back into a meaningful career.

So - We never had kids (never found out why-so not blaming one or the other) but is it really me? Is it the menopause hormone thing or is it that I am starting to believe the 'crazy' person I have been living with all these years and he is helping take me down the tubes?

I just want to run away or drive off to never never land - Please tell me that this too shall pass.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor