Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to go for bio-identical hormone treatment? Philadelphia/NJ

Posted by farmhousegirl (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 16, 12 at 17:52

I'm 45. I was just told I'm basically in menopause...maybe peri, but my bloodwork shows menopausal levels. My OBGYN talked about putting me on some estrogen, but looked at me like I have four heads when I asked about bioidentical...ie. Suzanne Somers, etc.

I"m in the Philadelphia, New Jersey area. I"m so glad I found this forum. Thanks all!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to go for bio-identical hormone treatment? Philadelphia

Dear Farmhousegirl

Hi my name is Terri. I am 51 years old. I started with menopause 9 years ago. I went on the vivelle-dot estrogen patch and prometrium by mouth 4 years ago with little to no relief. (long story). I started with bio-identical hormone pellet therapy 2 years ago which has helped me dramatically. My Doctor is in Willingsboro not too far from Philadelphia. If you would like I can give you her name and can speak with you to give you more information if you would like. I've been through so much and could probably shed some light on the subject of menopause. Let me know.

Warmly,

Terri

o

Dr. Kara Nakisbendi administers bio-identical hormone pellets. She is in Wynnewood. She doesn't accept insurance but will give you a printed form for your insurance company so you can easily submit a claim.

o

If you can't find a doc, see if there is a compounding pharmacy in your area...the pharmacist will know which docs are Rx-ing bioidenticals.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here