Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vaginal Prolapse

Posted by anna_in_quebec (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 27, 09 at 16:00

I am 50. No children. No period for about a year. For last few weeks I am feeling like there's "something" there - like maybe a tampon has slid down. This is terrifying me. I have read that this can be a cause: "Estrogen is a hormone that helps to keep the muscles and tissues of the pelvic support structure strong. After menopause, the estrogen level decreases; this means that the support structures may weaken." Is there no end to this meno-misery? I also have significant leakage of liquid which doesn't look or smell like urine. I say "look", because I am taking a supplement that turns the urine a bright yellow, and I've not really seen evidence of this when I feel there is leakage. Has anyoen experience something like this. I am terrified of tests and surgery "down there".

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vaginal Prolapse

During menopause, changes to our bodies happen. I was concerned about prolapse twice. When I got up the nerve to see a doctor and have a pelvic exam, both times I was told there was no prolapse. The only follow up test I had once was an ultrasound, which is not a test to be terrified of and also found no abnormality.
Even when there is a prolapse, surgery is not a given. The link below is a website which promotes natural management of prolapse. I hope you can see a doctor so you know what is occurring rather than imagining the worst.

Here is a link that might be useful: whole woman

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here