SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosajoe_gw

I can't stand people!!!

rosajoe_gw
14 years ago

I have never been a really big joiner. I worked well with others and was a manager for many years, but once I was off work it was my time.

I enjoyed my 2 granddaughters very much and now they are teens.

My husband of 10 years is good to live with. We retired and moved to a small town and the one neighbor behind me drove me nuts.

They moved and I waited 2 months to even say hello to the new neighbor because of the lack of privacy from the last. This one is even worse!!! She is constantly looking for a babysitter. We gave her numbers of sitters and she always has 'emergencies' and asks me to watch the kids. The little boy is special needs and when they fight he will not listen to me, or even when they are not fighting for that matter!

I can not go outside that she and the kids do not come out to talk. The little girl wants to come over and visit all of the time. I have explained to the lady that I am busy and even told her I am going through menopause, but she just doesn't seem to get it. She is very needy and likes to vent. I can't deal with that right now.

The doc's office next to us was sold and a vet has started a business. He has let his beautiful dog and 2 year old stray over to my patio 3 times. We do have a leash law and I do not want the dog pooping in my yard. Or the 2 year old getting hurt. We are getting a privacy fence but still have things we want to do to the back yard first.

Now I feel like I am being stalked at the gym. The lady lives alone and doesn't like it, has no hobbies, and doesn't garden etc. She takes trips with friends but she appears to be like my neighbor and wants someone around at all times.

I don't.

I have started to ignore my neighbor and go back inside when they come out. The vet, I was nice to the first 2 times the kid and dog came over but the last time I was not.

We just had a fam reunion for Easter and my dad always gets snippy when he can't control everything. The building was so hot and my sis' alarm didn't go off so she was stressed and grouchy. My other sis left because he snapped at her for moving some of the tables he had arranged. My niece was 2 hours late and of course we waited on her as everyone complained. She was fighting with her husband.

And my other sister is visiting next week so we are having ANOTHER get together after a day of shopping, eating out, and what ever.

This one will not be as big thank goodness.

I am 57 and hopefully almost through with menopause. I can say that for the most part it has been bearable. I exercise for the stiffness and meditate.

But everything still stresses me and I do not want to deal with people. I honestly believe I could live as a hermit lol.

I am so glad I am retired, my heart goes out to women still working going through this.

Has anyone gotten to the point where they just can't stand the human race??? I know I am way too sensitive but right now I can not deal with anyone.

Thank goodness hubby gives me some space and listens to me complain lol!!!!

Comments (17)

Sponsored