Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
menopause symptoms

Posted by wonder48 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 14, 14 at 14:03

I've been having hot flashes, night sweats, loss of short term memory and weight gain. I'm having trouble achieving orgasm and have never had that problem before. This is depressing! Are there any natural treatments that do NOT use hormones or plant estrogens?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: menopause symptoms

I don't know if Rhaponic Rhubarb (4mg) extract is considered plant estrogen....but do know it helped me greatly for the night sweats (don't realy have the otjer issues). Heard about it via a newpaper article Q&A and a chiropractor recommended it.

I get mine off Amazon.com and search for best price each time i reorder since companies tend to change price. I use Estrovera brand by Metagenics and have to say....didn't really realize how much it was working until I ran out.

Seems it took about 2 weeks for it to gradually work. And takes about same time to stop working after I quit it, which i did...thinking maybe I didn't need it anymore (since I was hoping I was OVER menopause)....so started back up again, but had to wait couple weeks for it to kick back in again.

Prior to taking it, I was awake every 2 hrs, sweating to death and in turn, having to 'tinkle'. After taking it, I still got hot but not nearly as often.

Been using it fr over a year now.....and have stopped the night sweats. Am hoping I have got "thru" to the other side, but hate to risk stopping and have it start all over again...lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here