Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bladder problems at ovulation?

Posted by nickyann (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 22, 06 at 14:01

I am perimenopausal, & have very painful ovulations each month. They almost always have bladder problems, where my entire lower region is very sore and tender after urinating during this ovulation period. Anyone else have this problem? It's very frustrating, and no doctors seem to know anything about this problem.
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bladder problems at ovulation?

Hi nickyann,
I don't know if this is similar, but when I would ovulate, it would cause me extreme pain to have a bowel movement. I finally figured out that it was when my stool was passing my sore ovary area, that was so painful. So I'm thinking maybe when your bladder shrinks, after you pee, perhaps it somehow rubs up against your ovary?
I know it sounds crazy.....and lots of docs would probably laugh at the notion........but if having a B.M. hadn't been so painful for me during ovulation, I probably wouldn't have believed it. I think anything in the area of the swollen ovary can cause pain.

o

When I have ovulation pain which can last from 12 hours to 10 days! I find it very painful in lower left abdomen just before and at beginning of urination. NO one has explained why don;t think they know but glad I am not alone with bathroom pain and ovulation.

o

My OB/GYN said that when we have hormonal changes, it can casue sweeling to alot of the structures in the abdomen (especially the bowel), and that's what gives us some of these symptoms.

o

Nickyann, I have that same problem you're experiencing and more. I've been to so many doctors who firstly say I am not perimenopausal even though I am experiencing some of the worse perimenpausal symptoms. One doc told me its because to the painful ovulation ....hormonal changes I go through that the body is mimicking perimenopausal symptons but almost every month I have so much pain in the bladder area - below the stomach and on my left side front and back. No doc has been able to give me an explanation that would lead to a resolution except.... do a hysterctomy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here