Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hormonal symptoms after 3-4 years with no periods?

Posted by catherinet (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 2, 08 at 13:39

Hi all,
I had slowly been stabilizing since I stopped having periods (after going through about 10 years of perimenopausal hell). Its been about 3-4 years since I've had a period. But recently, I got all the symptoms back......severe fatigue, headaches, sinus problems, GI problems, panic. I'm wondering if I had one good egg left and it finally errupted?? I wonder if this is how older women get "accidentally" pregnant?
I feel horrible. Just like I did in the midst of perimenopause.
Have any of you who stopped having periods a few years ago, had a return of all the symptoms?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hormonal symptoms after 3-4 years with no periods?

I'm going to reply to my own post!
I have had such sinus pressure and burning and hearing my pulse in my ear, I finally went to the ENT doctor. I mentioned that I wondered about my hormones, and he sort of shrugged it off. I'm going to have allergy testing next week. But......after I got home from the ENT visit, I started having really bad ovary pain!! I can't believe this. This substantiates my suspicions.
I wonder if some of our post menopausal symptoms are from our FSH getting sooooo high, that it starts beating our ovaries into submission........to spit out any possible remaining eggs. I was pretty sure this sinus stuff WAS hormonal......but gee, its been several years since I had a period. Now I have to decide if I want the allergy testing or not (I'll have to pay for it out of pocket).
I suppose with all my funky symptoms (fibromyalgia, etc.), that it probably wouldn't hurt to see if I had any allergies.
But I suspect, once again, its these DANGED hormones!!
Die you ovaries, die!!

o

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/You_have_ringing_in_your_ears_you_are_dizzy_your_sinus_burn_you_are_tired_a_lot_you_have_bad_pressure_in_your_ears_and_sinus

Hi Catherinet - Go to this link and hopefully it will help you. You might have to cut and paste it. It doesn't really sound like menopause to me. Hope this helps. Bobbi

o

Hi Catherinet ....I have that same problem!!.......hearing pulse in my one ear...this is crazy what us women go through............ugh....mine has let up alittle but have had it off and on for 3 yrs.......

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here