Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
YIKES!! Strange fluid coming from breast...anyone??

Posted by kickypants (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 29, 07 at 12:46

YIKES! Its a day or so before my period and as usual I have tender breasts. So I put quite a bit of pressure on one of them and a tiny drop of grey-green-clearish liquid oozed out of the nipple!!! EEEWWW. It doesn't smell (like an infection might). There is definately no blood in it. The other one is fine. Has ANYONE ever had this happen?? I'm not just getting over nursing...my daughter is almost 6.
I know this may not be menopausal (although I do believe that I'm showing some signs at times), but I'm thinking that the majority of people on this forum would be women. Freaking out a bit...any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: YIKES!! Strange fluid coming from breast...anyone??

My sister used to have this occasionally, I am pretty sure it was nothing. But if you have ANY doubt, please call your dr. Safe then sorry. Really !

o

Get to your doctor immediately, it could be a sign of something very serious or nothing at all. Don't take any chances.

o

The last two times I had my mammogram tests, just when the plates squeezed on my breast (yowch) , a drop of liquid came out of my right nipple. The technician said it happens frequiently. Both mammos were totally normal,according to the written reports.

o

I have had that happen before. It was a long time ago, I thought it was because I was on synthyroid, or that was what I was told, and I can't even remember who told me.

o

As an RN I can tell you that any discharge from nipple should be evaluated by a doctor, not this forum!

o

Just go to the doctor. It's nearly always a normal fluctuation in hormones, however, you are going to worry about it until you see a doctor. Right? So, just go to the doctor. You will sleep better at night knowing it's OK.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here