SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancybeth_gw

any one tried estro-gel

nancybeth
17 years ago

hello, i am new to this forum and i am looking for some new info. I am 48 and have bad hot flash's I am going to a doctor MD that does specialize in hormones and is a gyno. we have tried different types over the last 3 years. The patch, pills and I have been using estro gel for about a year.I have had some loss of hair, and now when i apply the gel within one hour i get hot flashes. She says its due to the alcohol in the gel. She started me on a anti dep drug called effexor for the hot flases. I have been on this for three days and hate the way i feel. I fell notlike myself and my hands are sweating like crazy. last night i was in a bed of sweat, and my room was at 60!! I know most of you are in this terriable cycle of what do you do? you read some much and then when you talk to the doctors say the news does not tell you all the facts. My doctor feels that estrogen for people who are not at high risk of breast cancer can take estrogen without fears. She says, Its not that i dont want to belive her its that you read so much that you dont know what to believe. Has any one found any thing that is safe and helps the night sweats? Also, if you are estro gel could you tell me what your thought are. thank you all, Nancy

Comment (1)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH