Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
So scared......

Posted by LadyNmissouri (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 14, 12 at 12:39

I am so glad I found this sight. I too have made a couple of trips to ER and all results came back normal. Could NOT figure out why. Glad to know I'm not alone. Does anyone get the loud whistle in their ears before the palpitatios and spiking blood pressure? I get so dizzy that I don't dare stand up. Scares me so bad! What can I do to stop or lessen these horrible things? I'm not on any meds and don't really want to be. Is there anything nautural I can do.......Help! I have already cut out all caffine, sugar and spicy foods. I don't smoke or drink. What's left?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: So scared......

Lady N, a lot of us are having the same issues to varying degrees. As I write this, I'm having an episode where I feel like I'm going to keel over. See the thread about the weird head feeling. From what I've been able to glean from online researching, almost all menopausal women have too much estrogen running through our systems right now. So my go-to thing is progesterone spray. The creams work well too, I just could never use them up before they expired, so I switched to this handy little spray. You can find it online by googling, progesterone spray. The other thing I do is drink an electrolyte drink everyday. Not sure if we're allowed to name products, but I use Crystal Light Pure, Strawberry and Kiwi. It's made with Stevia, not fake sugar, and it has electrolytes in it. I don't like stevia, but you don't even taste it in this at all. Hope this helps you. Hang in there.

o

Also try Calcium Magnesium and Aloe Vera Gel Tabs....5 years ago I suffered with lots of palps and I took these suppliments and they did help me...the palps stopped and I stopped taking them....now theyre back so I just ordered more Cal/Mag and Aloe....I'm hoping they will help like they did before.

o

Could someone please let me know what the right dosage of calcium and magnesium is for heart palpitations? These things are scary and they start up whenever they feel like it. Will they ever go away or is this how it's going to be I wonder.

o

I started menopause in my early 40s, and I was completely unprepared. I've found that some of the symptoms come and go, and some of them eventually just go away altogether while others stay. I didn't want to take anything, but I was lucky that my flashes weren't as terrible as some women have. Just the same, there were times when, in conjunction with a flash, I felt nauseous. And the first time I had palpitations, I had no idea it was bc of menopause. I lived alone out in the country, and I called my sister with instructions on what to do if I died, and asked her to call me back in an hour to check on me.
I think the best thing you can do for yourself is be informed. There are plenty of books on the subject nowadays (finally), as well as sites on the net. I read Christiane Northrup's book The Wisdom of Menopause. One site on the net that is fairly comprehensive and informative is webmd.
The one thing that I do, that I find to help me immensely, is deep breathing. It sounds hokey, but it really does work.

Here is a link that might be useful: WebMD

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here