SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

Flooding, no fibroids - 'normal'?

2ajsmama
13 years ago

I did a search on flooding, seems like it's common with fibroids, but I had an u/s about 3 yrs ago when my midwife thought my uterus was too large (DD was 3 by then and I wasn't pg). Nothing.

I did get pg in Nov 08 (posted here b/c I was late, thought I had skipped a cycle), mc'd, this could be another one but even though it's not been too bad the past couple of months, over the past 2 yrs I've had enough cycles where I've soaked through pads in an hour or 2, had "gushes" and also had surprises like the time I was on day 4 or 5 I think it was, light flow, figured it was about over, went to the library without a spare pad and by the time I got home I'd soaked the seat of my new car.

My period started about noon yesterday, not heavy at all. Last night I woke up about 4am and changed the regular pad(not soaked) I had had on since about 10pm. At roughly 5:40 (didn't look at the clock til I'd cleaned everything up and it was 5:50). I felt the trickling creeping feeling and just had the feeling the overnight pad I'd put on at 4 was soaked, held myself on the way to the bathroom and made an awful mess when I pulled my pants down - threw away everything panties and all there was no way to even get the pad off or try to wash the underwear. Held a pad to my crotch and went back to bedroom to get underwear, then back to bathroom (in hall - we haven't finished the master bath yet!) to put everything on and clean up. DH pretended to be asleep through all of this - he was right up at 6 when the alarm went off (and then I could turn on the light and see if I'd left a trail - I didn't).

So should I call my GYN (that I've seen once since we moved to new state)? I haven't been back since Nov 08, though I did have my mammogram early this year. It's just so hard to schedule an appt when I really don't know when I'm going to have my period - always was regular 28 days but now it's sometimes as little as 25 (was 26 this last time - I really wasn't expecting it til tomorrow or Sat).

Or is this "normal" since I seem to see so much discussion about it? Is it occurring in women without fibroids?

Comments (4)

Sponsored