SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenn_gw

'warm flushes' vs. hot flashes

jenn
16 years ago

About two weeks ago I began having what I'm calling "warm flushes". I'm almost 52 and I'm expecting men 'o pause to knock on the door any day now (my periods started becoming very different early last year). I've always been cold-blooded and felt chilled or comfortable when everyone else felt warm. Well, about two weeks ago I started having moments of suddenly feeling warm, especially on my back, and I've been asking people if it's warm or if it's me -- and it usually seems to be me.

Nights are a little warmer but even without the 2 extra winter blankets I wake up feeling warm if the covers are close to my neck, so I pull back the top layer, then wake up later feeling cold again so I pull it back up, then I wake up again feeling warm.

It seems as though my heat threshold is simply lower than it used to be. I feel warm (and a little sweaty but not bad) if it's just a tiny bit warm in the room. A few times, I checked the seat heater in the car to see if it was on (it wasn't), and the inside/outside temp was around 71.

I don't feel hot and clammy when this happens, just warm for a brief moment.

I'm wondering if this is how it starts, and if they get worse with time or just continue at the same intensity.

If they don't get any worse than this, then I'll be happy!

Comments (5)

Sponsored