Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
libido

Posted by maryjo24 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 26, 06 at 23:13

I haven't had a period in 6 months. I am almost 49 years old. My dr. said "welcome to menopause". Wondering if anyone is like me & having an increase in libido? My husband is loving it! Me too. :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: libido

oh yeah.... there's another one of us in here too... apparently our estrogen level's are dropping, but the ole testosterone's still up there. :o) Whooopeeeee! My BF's whining..... :D
But I wish my periods would stop.... they just go on and on and on....

o

Yes, my libido went way up when my period stopped a little over a year ago. Unfortunately for me, this has caused a problem for my marriage, as my husband has never had much of a libido - he has a pituary tumor but has been taking teresterone (hope i spelled that right) for years. it hasn't helped. I am trying to get help for us - and all I can do is hope. I sometimes wonder if and when my libido will calm down. I am hoping I get help before it does. I am glad that it is good for you - enjoy!

o

I am 45 and the symptoms of pre-menopause have just hit me with a vengance. BANG! Straight in with no warning.
I live in Turkey and don't really discuss this with too many people but the positive side of it all is my increase in libido. Luckily I have a much younger husband who is loving it, but while he snores with a post coital glow I am opening windows and throwing off bed covers to cool down from a different kind of glow........

I read all about it, listened to my Mother but nothing has prepared me for the reality,
I run two business's and some days I cannot for the life of me even remember my staff members names some days, and fear I am going mad or suffering from early alzeimers. Am I going mad? I feel like it.

o

Merhaba! Nasilsiniz? :o) I lived in Turkey a LONG time ago!In Istanbul....anyway, I hate that part... not remembering... it's kind of getting better, I got scared that I was becoming an idiot and started doing mental exercises. I don't know if that helped, playing memory games, but it seems to be better. I don't feel like such an idiot.
Is your husband Turkish? I think they snore the loudest I have ever heard. :D to this day, I have not heard louder snoring.
I sure would like to have some doner kebap... haven't had that in a long time... loved it.

o

Yes my husband is Turkish and YES he snores soooooo loud. lol Turkish men also shout on the phne loudly as well.
Memory loss is scary as hell........what excercises did you do ? I ahve tried crosswords, but it is people's names I forget and halfway through a conversation I have forgotten what i am saying.

o

yeah, I do the crosswords and things... but I only noticed some difference after a couple years of doing it.
Are you tall? I used to stand in line for the bus and tower over EVERYONE. :D Almost had to have my shoes shipped there too... Turks have teenie feet. :) Okay... now I am having a craving for kofte.... :o) Oh and SIMIT bread... oh! :)

o

Ok, I'm the one that started this thread on libido but I have to tell you all that I'm out of control. It's like I'm 20 again & I can't get enough. :) My husband hopes it never ends! :) According to my friends that are my age, I am abnormal. :(

o

The memory thing does pass, my mother had it badly. She would send me my sister's birthday cards and other things like that. Now I wonder maybe she was too busy with other things (wink) on her mind... For the names, you can try mnemonics (doubt I spelled that right).

And Maryjo, you're not abnormal. Enjoy it while it lasts, it will probably also settle back into something more like before eventually.

o

It's Memnonics... I can't remember words, but I can still remember how to spell them! Ha ha!

o

The memory loss is getting worse........and the sex drive is going through the roof. Blimey I have never wanted sex so much. I suppose I can forget the memory loss ...lol The other side far outways anything else.

yes I am tall and Yes my feet are too big ...

o

I've been off perusing the internet and guess what, ladies? We may be in the minority, but we're not abnormal. I've been seeing more and more posts from females around the world wondering why they feel so randy all of a sudden.

It can be fun, if you have a partner. (as you've said, role reversal, honey! LOL) But, if you don't, what do you DO with this? It's driving me nuts. I have to work, I can't just sit here and soothe this monster all day. Being continuously hot and bothered 24/7 is quite distracting. And everything stimulates me. The vibration while driving the car, the friction of walking ..... sitting indian-style, for heaven's sake! My libido was good before, but this is off the charts.

FYI, I do have a dh (dear hubby. --- most days? -- da*n hubby) I'm 49 and he's 52. We haven't had sex in 5 years. He's not able to ...... and I don't want to. Not with him.

Someone mentioned Vitex (Chasteberry) in another forum. Has anybody tried this?

Cindy

o

I've had sex once in the last two months, don't miss it.

o

spiritone, I hope you don't take offense to this but have you ever considered getting yourself a vibrator. There is nothing shameful in purchasing one. There is a website www.xandria.com that may have just what you need. Trust me on this.

o

Thanks MaryJo24 :-) and I don't take offense, but I'm just not into toys. Never have been. I prefer Au Natural everything.

An Au Natural MAN would be nice. One I'm in love with, even. LOL, I don't want much, do I? ;-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here