SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msteach_gw

put on hormones

msteach
18 years ago

Ok today was it....I was getting ready to go to school (teacher) and as I was going my granddaughter said something to me and my mood swing swung in and I just wanted to punch her. Now for some of you, you may be saying so....Well this was the wake up call, then as I went to school and was reading the directions to my students for something they were to do, I started really crying..This was it....I called the Dr. and said I needed an appt. I've tried black cohosh, St Johns' wort, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B complex, soy milk, soy nuts, chamomille tea, etc....and this is what it's like. The physical crap I can deal with, it's the emotional roller coaster ride that I can't stomach. Well, since my dr and I do have a good rapport and he knows I have to be pretty bad to even make an appt, he listened as I vented and cried and apologized for crying to him.I have hot flashes, itchy crawly skin, head electrical shock like things at time, hot flashes, insomnia, joint pain, anxiety, etc... He gave me samples of prempro to try for 3 weeks and then go back. He said he is NOT leaving me on hormones for a long period of time but feels I need some extra support because of the severity of the swings. I questioned the cancer relation and he assured me this was not a long term thing, so what do you think? I'm afraid of my rages at times, but I also am afraid of cancer (no breast cancer in my family)- short term maybe till the end of the school year and then give it the summer to try other stuff? Does this sound reasonable and safe? Help!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!