SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tootsiemae

New with a question about interpreting lab results...

TootsieMae
10 years ago

I'm new to the forums and looking for some helping reading my recent lab results. I'm 36, had my uterus removed (but retained functional ovaries) five years ago. I recently had some blood work done and they checked my estrogen and progesterone. My results were:

estrogen, serum, total 94 pg/mL
progesterone, serum 1.0 ng/mL

I know nothing about what the normal ranges are, they are the ONLY results without a "normal reference range" (of course), and I'm not turning up much by googling. I found one site that said estrogen, though highly variable, tended to be 210 pg/mL for women 30-39 and fell to 152(-ish I suppose) for women over 40 who were NOT menopausal. Also said progesterone in a non pregnant woman was usually 8-10 though could be as high as 20. By those ranges, I'm really low. I'm trying not to freak out since I could only find ranges listed on the one site, but since I don't have a period it is hard to know. I'm definitely having some menopausal symptoms and have had a naturopath tell me he thinks (this was a year ago so before the blood test) that he felt I was possibly entering menopause. Can anyone give me a verified range for estrogen and progesterone? Please? Before I work myself into a lather? Lol

Comments (2)

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center Serving the DMV Area