Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any longtime MACA or Liquid Chlorophyll users here?

Posted by cube1067 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 15, 11 at 17:32

Talking with a male friend, he's 48, and in good health. He does have high blood pressure...runs in his family. He takes meds for HBP. He does not eat pork. He does eat pizza and chicken cheese steaks, so maybe not the healthiest diet. But he is not overweight.

He mentioned taking MACA and liquid chlorophyll. I asked why. He said he wants insurance that his equipment will keep working; he worries that the HBP meds will ruin his performance. I know that his equipment works fine and the issue is plentiful.

So I looked up MACA and LC. The liquid chlorophyll is supposed to up the blood flow, which enhances arousal in both sexes. Surprisingly, I found out that the MACA is sometimes used in place of HRT in women. It is supposed to releive all sorts of menopausal and peri-menopausal symptoms.

My friend has been taking these supplements for 4 years and he seems fine. I'm thinking about giving it a try even though my symptoms are sporadic and mild.

Any users here?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any longtime MACA or Liquid Chlorophyll users here?

Bottom Line - I think Maca is having a positive effect. Will continue taking it.

I am perimenopausal. Before Maca, I have either hot flashes or sleeplessness. One month I had tremendous hot flashes over my entire body; made me look for Remifemen which did nothing for me. For the most part, my flashes come once every 45 minutes, last about 5 minutes. When hot flashes fade, sleeplessness comes in.

Update: Week 1 . Been taking 1 capsule of 500mg Maca, twice a day with meals. Just two days before getting the Maca, I was experiencing 1 mild hot flash a day and not feeling sleepy until 1:45AM. Started the maca. In the first week I have been sleeping through the night, no hot flashes.

Week 2. Same as week 1. Could it be the Maca is fixing my issues?

Week 3. Same as week 1, but I am getting acne pimples on my jaw line. Looked up Maca; the acne is a documented side effect, especially for those who are prone to acne, which I am. I will stop taking the second Maca capsule daily.

Week 4. Got 1 flash on Monday. Another 1 on Tuesday. Period started Wednesday. Am getting a few flashes a day now. They do not last long and the heat is less. Wonder if my acne was due to my period starting, since i can break out before my period.

This is the beginning of week 5. I am going back to Maca 2 times a day.

Not noticing any particular effects on my libido yet. I do want to do the wild thing, but not any more than usual.

Am noticing an increase in energy. My friend told me I seem more energetic. Could be a result of getting a good night's sleep.

Was told that Maca was mentioned by a guest on Doctor Oz on Friday.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here