Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Premarin vs new Estrogel?

Posted by menomom (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 28, 06 at 17:12

I've been on Premarin for a few years and just found out it's made from Pregnant Mares Urine, this doesn't sit well with me and my doctor said I could try this new Estrogel, natural estrogen in a gel form.
He said you rub it on your arm after you get out of the shower. He said it's very popular in Europe. Does anyone know about this product and does anyone else have a problem with Premarin being made from urine?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Premarin vs new Estrogel?

I'm not on hormone replacement (yet), but would readily use the Estrogel over the Premarin if it's chemically identical to human estrogen, and it sounds like it is according to what I have read. There are also small patches available that you can change weekly (I think a brand name is Vivelle Dot, or something similar to that). Do a google search on bio-identical hormones and you will find lots of info on homrone replacement available besides the well-known name brands.
Mrs H

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here