Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HRT-weight gain-facial hair-time to get off?

Posted by eahh5621 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 17, 08 at 14:09

I have been on HRT for 15 years now. Ovaries-uterus removed.
I am also overweight and wonder if I go off the HRT if my body wont make enough of the hormone estrogen for me. I understand that fat will produce estrogen and I have enough fat ..more than enough. But my doctor just keeps prescribing the HRT...

Has anyone experienced weight loss when stopping HRT? And does anyone know if HRT causes facial hair growth?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HRT-weight gain-facial hair-time to get off?

Hi - I don't know if HRT causes facial hair, but I do know that menopause can. I've lost it where I want it and gained it where I don't. So I guess it's called FEmale pattern baldness. As we age, our bodies produce more androgens (male-like) properties which may cause an increase in hair growth on our chin and upper cheeks. Just what I want - to shave as often as my husband - NOT! Increased testosterone and decreased progesterone. How much change can our bodies go through? Soy Isoflavones seem to help me. Over 40 million women in the US have unwanted facial hair. I think if we can get our hormones balanced we should be okay.
Bobbi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here