Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New to site, new to menopause

Posted by celeste_meno (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 20, 07 at 13:50

What a great forum this is. I have read a lot of very usefull information so far. I am 42 years old and had a hysterctomy with 1 ovary removed two years ago. My doctor informed me that the other ovary wasn't doing good but they left it in. She said it would eventually stop working. A month ago I started having a lot of the same sypmtoms I read on this board ie. confusion, can't think clearly, shaking, heart beating hard and light night sweats. The biggest thing is that I am not sleeping good at all. I have never ever had a problem sleeping through the night. Now I wake up about 3 in the morning and can't stinkin get back to sleep. This makes for very rough days at work. I went to my regular doctor and we had blood tests ran. She said my hormone level was at a 1 whereas a "normal" level would be a 5. Ok, so I started taking 1 estroven pill before bed and bought over the counter progesterone cream and use that twice a day. The confusion part and heart beat part is getting much better. I also feel like I have more energy, but the sleeping patterns are getting worse. I currently and have been taking anti-depressents and xanax for quite some time due to cronic panic attacks which started about 7 years ago. My regular doctor doesn't think I need start any hormone treatments yet. That's why I just bought the over the counter items. I go to see my mental health doc next week and have already had a conversation with him about all of this. Someone suggested getting a prescription for sleeping pills....I will bring that up to my doctor. Ya know, this is just the pits. One poster on here had said, she just wants to feel like herself again..I can relate to that so much. I feel old, fat and ugly. That's just not me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New to site, new to menopause

Welcome, Celeste. I'm 51, been in menopause for almost a year. I can relate to your symptoms. Have not gone the HRT route yet. You'll get a lot of useful stuff here, and also a lot of support.

o

Welcome Celeste, I have been on HRT for 6 years,but getting close to getting off for good. Nothing certain in life but change. It seems like I was waiting half my life for my life to start, and now, well now I feel like I am waitng all over again. I know you will love this forum. It is nice to know that friends you have never met and probably never will, will be there for you. :-)

o

Hi Celeste. I am 48 and have the same sleep problem that you do. I have been going through this for about 10 years, but my hormone tests came back good until recently. I finally got on HRT about 6 months ago, but it does not help with the insomnia. I sleep anywhere from 2 to 5 hours a night, but no more. I am exhausted and no one seems to have the answers. I have tried sleeping pills, but they only work every once in a while. Usually after I have had a couple of weeks of really bad nights and would have probably slept anyway. I have no answers.....but wanted to say hello and that I understand.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here