SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
celeste_meno

New to site, new to menopause

celeste_meno
17 years ago

What a great forum this is. I have read a lot of very usefull information so far. I am 42 years old and had a hysterctomy with 1 ovary removed two years ago. My doctor informed me that the other ovary wasn't doing good but they left it in. She said it would eventually stop working. A month ago I started having a lot of the same sypmtoms I read on this board ie. confusion, can't think clearly, shaking, heart beating hard and light night sweats. The biggest thing is that I am not sleeping good at all. I have never ever had a problem sleeping through the night. Now I wake up about 3 in the morning and can't stinkin get back to sleep. This makes for very rough days at work. I went to my regular doctor and we had blood tests ran. She said my hormone level was at a 1 whereas a "normal" level would be a 5. Ok, so I started taking 1 estroven pill before bed and bought over the counter progesterone cream and use that twice a day. The confusion part and heart beat part is getting much better. I also feel like I have more energy, but the sleeping patterns are getting worse. I currently and have been taking anti-depressents and xanax for quite some time due to cronic panic attacks which started about 7 years ago. My regular doctor doesn't think I need start any hormone treatments yet. That's why I just bought the over the counter items. I go to see my mental health doc next week and have already had a conversation with him about all of this. Someone suggested getting a prescription for sleeping pills....I will bring that up to my doctor. Ya know, this is just the pits. One poster on here had said, she just wants to feel like herself again..I can relate to that so much. I feel old, fat and ugly. That's just not me.

Comments (3)

Sponsored