Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Perimenopause starting?

Posted by misspebbles71 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 9, 10 at 13:42

Ok... I have a question. I'm 38, will be 39 this year. I had my tubes tied about 7 years ago. In all that time I have kept a solid diary of my periods and have never missed one or ever been late. Because of that, I can pin point my next month's period down to a 3 day window. Plus, I always get a very bad migriane 1 week before my period. Well, 2 weeks ago, I got my migraine and then my nipples became so sore to the touch. Last week...migraine gone, nipples still sore, but no period. Ok it's a week later, still no period, nipples still tender and now I noticed my ankles are swelling more often. I feel very fat and blobbish and feel like crying at the darnest times. Could I be starting PeriMenopause?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Perimenopause starting?

Not to scare you, but could you be pregnant? It wouldn't be the first time a tube-tying went awry.
If you're positive you're not pregnant, then I would say its possible that you are starting to become irregular. Sometimes a woman can be late and get those symptoms, and then she has a bigger than usual period.....just a bit late.
It seems like the later a period is, the worse the PMS symptoms.

o

Hi Cath. No, I'm 100% sure I'm not pregnant. Even when I was trying to get pregnant I had a really hard time. When I finally got pregnant with my 3rd child I was 3 months pregnant when I had a horrible miscarriage. The Doctor back then said I was full of 'empty' eggs and I was actually having a molar pregnancy. When I had my tubes tied, the doctor found large areas of Endometriosis. Most of it was removed but I still have a few areas that 'act up' when I get period cramps.
Thank you for your response though. I don't think I'm going to like this being 'irregular' idea. At this point I would rather have a lifetime of periods I can count on being on time rather than several years of ones that aren't... LOL!

o

Hi misspebbles,
Seems like there is a huge variation when women go through menopause. Some do start in their late 30's. I started around 47. I would have been so perfectly happy to just forgo perimenopause. For some of us, it is filled with one surprise after another........and they're not the good kind of surprises!
I remember during perimenopause, having sore breasts alot of the time at first. I was sort of surprised at this, but I guess its fairly common.
My migraines got really bad during this time, but the good news is I don't have them anymore! I still have a couple of the visual auras a year, but no headache follows.
So at least you might have that to look forward to (getting rid of your migraines).
Good luck on your journey. Just make sure your seatbelt is fastened. :)

o

I am 45 already and have some occasional "irregular" periods; and the pre-menstrual headaches sometimes are killing me. My period, which had been light, now have become even ighter in the past two years. With these subtle changes, I guess I am on the way to perimenopause. A friend of my suggest that I should buy the FSH home tesk kit to find it out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here