SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
woman44

What the ($*&/'* is going on with me??

woman44
17 years ago

I'm a 44 year-old woman. I've always been positive, optimistic and full of life. In 1998-1999 I had 3 miscarriages and from then on... everything changed in me. My periods started having their own schedule and I started getting migraines. Then, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism (for which I'm now taking syntroid). I've been having hot flashes for the last 2 years. For the last 6 to 9 months or so, I've been experiencing feelings of doom and anxiety. I tend to amplify every symptoms I get (if I have a sore throat, I think it could be throat cancer... if I have a pain in my left arm - even if it's from typing for a long period (I work on a computer)- I think I'm having heart problems... if I have a headache - which I have more frequently - I think it's a brain tumor [and I know it's not because I've had a scan a few months ago]). THIS IS NOT ME!! I THINK I'M GOING CRAZY!!

Some days, one minute I can hate the world and the next minute I want to be everybody's friend. I laugh one second and feel like crying the next.

I make fun of my situation with my family and friends but deep down inside I'm wondering what my problem is...

I've spoken with a few colleagues at work about it and they mentioned that it's probably perimenopause. I feel relief when they tell me that, but do I have to expect more of this?

I don't want to take any medication for it and if I have to I want to go natural... any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks for taking the time to read my story.

:)

Comments (4)

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022