SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msteach_gw

emotions help needed

msteach
18 years ago

Hi

I'm brand new here and pretty new to this perimenopause or menopause phase of my life that I already wish were over with yesterday. I can deal with the physical aspects of this-even the awful hot flashes at night that keep me awake for hours. It's the mood swings that are literally driving me nuts. One minute everything's fine and I love my family and grandkids (I'm 49 with 2 granddaughters), the next minute I can't stand some or all of them and wish they were gone. Sometimes the anger gets so intense I'm actually afraid of myself. I keep talking myself down and saying it's the stupid hormones, but at times I get so down on myself, it's not funny. As I'm writing this, now the tears are coming. Mood swings-I've got the gammett. Nights are so much worse and I'd prefer to sleep with a light on, but my husband doesn't believe that it would make me feel better. I go from being afraid to be alone, to not wanting anyone around. My doctor has said that if my mom went thru menopause at age 40 then I'm probably definitely in the throws of it. I did a home test and it came out negative, but they don't show perimenopause. I have hot flashes, night sweats, itchy/crawly skin, joint pain, mood swings, etc... So will I get through this? I need to know this is normal and I'm not going crazy. I feel like someone else is in my body at times. I'm usually a very loving person and this just feels so foreign to me I can't stand it. Thanks for being there.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
J.E.S. Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Full-Scale Construction Firm