Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Still 'cycling' after menopause?

Posted by catherinet (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 27, 07 at 8:07

Hi,
I haven't had a period for about 3 years, but I still feel like I know when what little estrogen I have drops. My sinuses dry up, my skin dries up, I get migraines, my GI tract acts up, I get very neurotic about dying, and I get really depressed, I cry at the drop of a hat, and I'm afraid to do anything.
It really feels like I'm still having cycles......just no periods.
I have fibromyalgia, and sometimes I can't tell if its a flare of that, or my hormones. Do any of the rest of you who are in menopause seem to continue to have these cycles? What a pain in the butt!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Still 'cycling' after menopause?

My periods are all out of whack. Missed 3 of them last year, now I've missed my second this year. Felt like I ovulated a couple of weeks ago, will see what happens. Depression, crying and anxiety are normal for me these days.

o

Are we pathetic or what???? lol!

o

Just got what I think is my period. Light bleeding, cramps aren't too bad. The anxiety drives me nuts!

o

Ever since I went through perimenopause EVERYTHING makes me anxious! Its such a drag!
I wonder if its related to sleep problems? Sleep deprivation can really make a person whacky!

o

Today the bleeding is heavier, and the cramps really kicked in. I wonder if the anxiety is causing the sleeplessness, or vice versa. Whichever way it is, it's not fun!!

o

I had a sleep study last May, which showed I had various sleep problems (apnea, alpha wave intrusion, no REM sleep). It makes me wonder if lots of women going through menopause begin to have these kinds of problems. I guess I'm finally going to think about trying a cpap machine, but I think it will be a challenge.
In retrospect, I really think its been my sleep problems that have made the past 10 years pretty much a constant struggle. I think sleep deprivation can cause all sorts of craziness. Even if you think you've had a good night's sleep, it doesn't mean you have.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here