SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msteach_gw

anxiety

msteach
18 years ago

Hi,

recently started with this lovely trip of perimenopause and tried all of the natural stuff to get mood swings under control. I couldn't take the anger raging in me anymore and went to the Dr. and he gave me HRT (short term). It's only been 3 days on that so I guess it really hasn't kicked in yet. My mood swings are better a little but the anxiety is still getting me. I go from absolute panic that something is going to happen to my family to being so angry at them for possibly leaving me it's not funny. I know this makes no rational sense, but I keep thinking that this is due to levels of hormones being out of whack. Do you think so???? I know deep inside I would be crushed if anything were to happen to them, but the anger is also overwhelming. Will this get better as the hormones level out? At least with the HRT I have been able to sleep better, but when I do wake up I'm either having a massive hot flash or I'm in the throws of an anxiety attack. Nights are so much worse and being alone is awful. I'm a teacher and now at my planning time when I can be alone, I choose to go to the teacher's room just to be around people. Do any of you out there feel like any of this applies to you?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!