SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msteach_gw

anxiety

msteach
18 years ago

Hi,

recently started with this lovely trip of perimenopause and tried all of the natural stuff to get mood swings under control. I couldn't take the anger raging in me anymore and went to the Dr. and he gave me HRT (short term). It's only been 3 days on that so I guess it really hasn't kicked in yet. My mood swings are better a little but the anxiety is still getting me. I go from absolute panic that something is going to happen to my family to being so angry at them for possibly leaving me it's not funny. I know this makes no rational sense, but I keep thinking that this is due to levels of hormones being out of whack. Do you think so???? I know deep inside I would be crushed if anything were to happen to them, but the anger is also overwhelming. Will this get better as the hormones level out? At least with the HRT I have been able to sleep better, but when I do wake up I'm either having a massive hot flash or I'm in the throws of an anxiety attack. Nights are so much worse and being alone is awful. I'm a teacher and now at my planning time when I can be alone, I choose to go to the teacher's room just to be around people. Do any of you out there feel like any of this applies to you?

Comments (6)

Sponsored