Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
irritability

Posted by Aluviel (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 19:56

Hello All,

I am in the beginging stages of menopause. I have the night sweats, the irritability etc. I went out on stress leave from my job 2 years ago and was put on lexipro by my doctor.
I noticed something new. The small amount of pateince I have and how easily irritated I get. When I least expect it, the irritation comes on without warning and after two or three things happen that irriate me, I find myself bursting into tears.
I am trying to go back to work and I am concerned about this happening at work. Has anyone found a solution or anything that can help with this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: irritability

I feel your pain. I can get annoyed and aggravated at the drop of a hat lately over really miniscule things. The only thing that does work for me, and many may not want to hear it, is to go to the gym and sweat it out for at least 30 minutes every morning. I run, do the elliptical, whatever i can to work up a sweat and get some bottled up energy and aggravation out of my system. It does work, and i always feel better afterwards. Other than a pill that is all i can think of right now.

o

I understand. I'm post-menopausal, and the irritability hasn't gone away.

I wish I had a solution for those of us who suffer.

o

Oh dear Cheerful1, that sounds depressing. It doesn't go away? I can't tell by your username but I was certainly hoping that this would eventually end at some point.

o

I chose this username as a sarcastic jab at my old boss. He put in my job description, do this, do this, do this, do this, etc., and be cheerful about all the above.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here