SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theresse_gw

Is 42 (w/ only 1 ovary) too young? Heavy head...

theresse
12 years ago

I think my mom got menopausal when she was in her late-40's. But an ovarian cyst ruptured when I was about 27 or so, and I've also had to take hormone shots when I did in-vitro fertilization 6 years ago, then had twins (did have another child before them first though, by some miracle)...so maybe my body's just sorta screwed up.

My symptoms are that every so often I get dizzy (often when I'm in bed) - vertigo I guess you could call it - and other times it's more of a pressure feeling like almost dizzy but not quite - like my head's being squeezed but it doesn't really hurt. The final symptom that worries me is that I've had the strongest sensation to sleep for 2 days now - ever since the last head-squeezing-feeling episode 2 nights ago. And if I'm given the option - if I sit somewhere for a while or god forbid pull my pants off and jump in bed for 20 minutes or so for one of those really quick power naps, I'm out immediately. My period was recent enough that I know it's not PMS. While I guess it's fair to say I'm often sleep-deprived, the feeling of needing to sleep isn't usually so strong and eventually goes away during the day, even if I start the day off feeling really tired (which I always do).

My husband's saying "what if you had a stroke" but I don't know - I'm so tired - haha - that I can't bring myself to call the doctor about it. ;) And I know it won't amount to anything anyway and i'll just look like a hypochondriac haha.

So anyway I thought inquiring here would perhaps be a good starting place. Thanks!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz