Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Menopause is Great for me!

Posted by loriwoo (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 8, 10 at 19:03

I am having a great experience with coming into menopause,, I had night sweats for about 2 weeks, then they backed off and I got my period, only 3 days a small amount, now I am feeling SO GOOD and I have so much more energy than when I bled to death every 3 weeks!
take heart,, maybe it isn't all that bad once you get to a certain point. I am hopeful that I will continue along easily, but I feel bad for you who are having difficulties.
I didnt' take anything, I just went to bed later so I was more tired, drank about 10 glasses of water a day rather than 6 and I ran outside when the weather was fit.
Good luck all!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Menopause is Great for me!

It's great that you shared your positive experience. It reminds me that a negative attitude can worsen the difficult time I've been having for two years now. There are positive aspects to menopause, but they get forgotten when I'm looking around for a towel to dab my neck and face with for the zillionth time in a day. I'm going to make a concscious effort to be more grateful that I'm otherwise in good health and still able to turn a young male head now and then!

o
RE: Menopause is Great for me!

things continue to go well, although some problems. I got another period 2 weeks ago, the first 24 hours I went through wearing THREE super absobent products at one time for a total of 50 products, I was changing every 2 hours, it was horrible.
then it suddenly stopped and I am getting my energy back. My energy is coming back sooner, though, than it used to when I had a period every month.
the night sweats have gone mostly completely away now that I can again exercise outside.
the water intake is very important to my reduction of hot flashes I have noticed. For some reason, milk makes my bladder overactive.
Strange things I am figuring out to make my transition work for me. it is still better than the monthly cycle,,
Good luck all!
Lori

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here