SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
llmoyer123

help me interpret the FSH numbers?

llmoyer123
22 years ago

i just received my FSH results back (and though i realize it is an imperfect test, it's the one my doctor uses). the number is 127.5 which seems excessively high to me. i had a hysterectomy 15 years ago for carcinoma in situ but still have my ovaries. therefore, i don't have the frame of reference that my periods would have provided. almost three years ago i had some quasi-menopause symptoms but they were very very mild and very short-lived so i thought they were a fluke. i went to the gyno complaining of vulvitis, urinary tract problems, and vaginitis and she felt that, though she sees no vaginal atrophying (gag), i'm not really menopausal yet (age 49). prescribed a steroid cream for relief in the area and ordered the FSH test. when it came back, she then recommended hormones. i balked a little and we "compromised on Vagifem". i plan to fill the prescription but not sure i will actually use it, in that the episodes are so few and far between and i'm so wary of estrogen under my circumstances.

my question is this: what does the FSH tell me? i can't seem to find that info anywhere. am i pre- mid- or post-menopause. MY interpretation is that i'm POST menopause and MISSED it? (i should be so lucky, huh?????) i'd love your input.

Comments (18)

Sponsored