Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bio-identical, I'm wondering

Posted by carla17 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 18, 07 at 18:22

I don't remember what show but Suzanne Sommers was on TV interviewing with someone about bio-identicals. The person was pointing out that bio's may be as dangerous as synthetic hormone replacements. Do you have any thoughts on this?
I've been using progesterone cream compounded by a natural pharmacy for about 3 yrs. I know these people know what they are doing, or at least I hope so. Lately my hot flashes are at their worse and I can't get to sleep.

Carla

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bio-identical, I'm wondering

Hi,

Im post menopause. I say this because its been a year and a half since my last period. But my extreme symptoms started about one year after my last period. Anxiety set in. I fight it daily. I believe its our hormones withdrawing. Ive decided to try bioidenticals at this time. I need to get my life back. Has anyone tried these with success?
Denise

o

I am on Prempro, but my girfriend uses Bio, it took about 6 months to feel any better. But she has breast cancer in her family so she didnt go with western medicine. They are still hormones. Of course the ins. wont pay, unless you live in Calif. and then I think they pay some. Hang in there! We all are feeling your pain. Shotzy

o

I watched my mother who had a hysterectomy at 40, go on hormones then not be able to withdraw off. She's a naturally anxious person, which makes it worse. (and I understand totally that everyone is different) But I didn't want to be chained to my hormones like my mother... it's why I am afraid to do anything like take hormones.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here