SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eliza1_gw

Macafem supplements

eliza1
15 years ago

Has anyone tried Macafem supplements to help with menopausal symptoms? It is a natural root that stimulates the endocrine system to keep the body's hormones balanced in a safe and natural way versus using hormones. I would like to try it but wondered if anyone has had any experience with it.

Comments (2)

• twolips
    15 years ago

Just wondering if you ended up trying this, and if so, did it work?
    Lori

• cube1067
    9 years ago

Learned about Maca for hot flashes a few years ago. I can go long periods with no hot flashes, but suddenly, wham, flashing comes back with a vengeance - several times a day and worse at night.

ThatâÂÂs when I start using the maca powder in smoothies or mixed in eggs. Generic powder, no particular brand name, purchased on Amazon. It takes about 10 days of use before the flashing is much reduced. No more wet sheets, and long stretches in between flashes, with much less heat.

I use 1 teaspoon and gradually build up to 1/2 Tbsp. in the morning smoothie. Did some research and I've learned to add another dose of 1/4 tsp. in a nighttime drink, when flashes are severe. I'd previously read that Maca should not be used at night, but it is working for me to use a small second dose in the early evening. Does not keep me from sleeping.

When I notice flashing has severely reduced, when I have to remember the last time I had a flash, I start weaning myself off the powderâ¦taking it down to 1 teaspoon a day, then every other day, thenâ¦down to not at all. The longest IâÂÂve ever taken Maca is two months straight.

It works for me. Oh, I tried MACA tablets from the local vitamin store, but they did not work for me. The powder worked best for me.

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County