Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It's day 58!

Posted by Joanne_57 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 4, 02 at 16:07

I'm new here today, & thought I'd ask before the 15th.
This is day 58, since my last period, previously I had only two (or was it three?) other times that I went 50 days, and both those times I was ready to Blow!! Last Monday I hated all the men at work, & needed to keep a low key to avoid me freaking out. Horrible Hormones!! (& hemmorhoids-ooh!)
I'll be 45 in July. I laughed at Sultana's post "just shoot
me", but I can also associate with alot of her points.
Is this normal to have one period every 2 months? I have an app't w/the Gyn end of March, I really don't want to go any
sooner. Thanks all for any tips.
Joanne

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It's day 58!

It's indicative of peri-menopause, I would say, rather than describe it as "normal". You are probably not ovulating every month, which is bound to happen sooner or later. Some women stop ovulating in their 40's, others in their 50's. Some even in their 30's.

The problem is, of course, that lack of ovulation causes a hormonal imbalance, which is evidenced by the symptoms you described. Many women find relief by using the natural progesterone cream from the health store.

o

Perimenopause *is* normal. As is menopause, just as menstruation and pregnancy are normal. There's no need to "treat" perimenopause. There is certainly no need to spend your hard-earned money on a scam like progesterone cream.

o

Well ok. I'm normal
Most people who know me think I'm far from normal- Hah!
That cream, just curious, do you rub it all over your body?
The only real problem I hate, is when I can't control my
misery-mood, other than that I must consider myself lucky,
Oh, except those damn hemorhoids!!
Thanks, Joanne

o

Joanne........I am far from normal also, more now than ever before. LOL This menopause thing is creating a lot of abnormalities in me. The cream I rub 1/4 teaspoon on different parts of my body twice a day. That's all do for 21
days and then I stopped for 7. It is okay and I do really feel the difference. Good Luck Les

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here