SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavernemaynard7

Cold/hot/anxious

laVerneMaynard7
11 years ago

I have been on black cohosh over 5 months, started with a lower dose and am up to 200 mg in the morning and 540 mg three times a week. No help so far. I'm also taking I-Cool, second month. I take a really good vitamin. I drink soy milk. I don't eat junk. I tried maca -- no help. Tried evening primrose- no help. Tried Effexor- threw it up immediately. Tried celexa - no help.
The worst thing is the anxiety. I start feeling like I HAVE to snatch up whatever food I can get my hands on and throw it down my throat. This only lasts a couple of minutes and if I do eat, it's grapes or other fruit. Then I get cold. Freezing. Then I get hot and sweat. I do this at least 4-6 times every night. Every couple of hours during the day. And I ache! All over. Im not over weight, but i certainly Understand others who gain during this season of life. I'm almost 63. I'm beginning to think it will never end. I entered surgical menopause 14 years ago. I used estrogen for most of that time, but I have gone 4 years at a time estrogen free. I have been estrogen free 5 months. My sisters doc told her the results of taking HRTs is exaggerated, and she continues to take it. There is something to be said for quality of life! Has anyone out there come through the other side of this? Anyone?!?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville