Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Waking Up Early

Posted by karoni (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 21, 14 at 8:21

Do any of you experience problems with waking up too early? I'm at my wits end and not sure what to do about it. It started about two months ago, although I started having hot flashes a year ago. I understand it is a perimenopause symptom for some women.

If any of you have any tips to share, I would be grateful. I've gone from someone who rarely drank caffeine to someone who drinks a chai latte every day. Even with that, I still exist in a fog much of the time. I have no problem at all falling asleep.

Thanks for any replies.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Waking Up Early

I don't require as much sleep as I used to, an aging thing I think. I just stay up latter at night and I sleep better and later in the morning. I go the bed between 11 and 12 at night and sometimes stay awake in bed reading until one AM or so.

o
RE: Waking Up Early

Magnesium helps sleep cycle. Melatonin (which your body makes naturally but may be lacking with hormonal imbalance) helps you sleep. There are supplements with combinations of melatonin and l-theanine and 5-htp that also help you sleep. Dropping off of natural melatonin during sleep can also be caused by diabetes or a drop in blood sugar during sleep. This can make you want to eat or drink something sweet to enable you to return to sleep. Cutting back on sugar and white carbs helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here