SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stbonner_gw

dry, burning eyes with menopause?

stbonner
16 years ago

Anybody else had this? I have been peri-menopausal for a while (forever, it seems). I've been on Seasonique BCPs for about 18 months, I started them because I was having frequent, heavy periods with migraines. Since I've been on the pills I haven't had a real period since. Twice I had very light spotting, never on my "off pill" week. I haven't even had spotting since about 8 months ago. Two weeks ago I came off of the BCPs, as my gyn thought I was truly menopausal now and no longer peri-menopausal. I'm now having lots of trouble with my eyes. I'm a contact user, so at first I thought I just needed to change my contacts, but that is not the problem. I'm having symptoms even when I wear my glasses instead of contacts. My eyes are really dry and burn, and the symptoms get worse as the day goes on.

Has anyone else been through this? Is there any hope that it will improve as my hormone levels adjust to being off the pill? I will be calling my eye doctor today but just wanted to hear from other women what their experience has been. BTW, I'm 49, will be 50 in a couple of months.

Comment (1)

Sponsored