SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mccallums

Perimenopause with only ovaries

MccallumS
11 years ago

I think I have been going through perimenopause for about 3 years and like other women my doctor thought the different symptoms I was having were all individual and treated them as such. What I had to learn on my own through months of research is that all my symptoms are related and due to perimenopause. I actually had to ask my doctor to try my on the patch after he tried me on a number of different anti-depressents thinking I was suffering sever depression. I knew I was not suffering sever depression, nothing in my life had changed, I am on average a normally happy person. One day I began crying and couldn't stop, my joints were hurting horribly and I have never had problems with them before, I had been having problems with brain fog, memory problems, really dry skin and other symptoms but each came on at different times. I did go through really bad night sweats, it was sporatic, and hot flushes here and there. I just did not put two and two together until one night when I was surfing the internet looking at different medical information sites and listing my symptoms, I came across the 35 symptoms of perimenopause. I have about 14 of them.

I called my doctor and asked him to try me on the patch, he suggested estrogen replacement therapy (ERT), I use the estradiol patch .025 mg. This was a miracle for me for weeks, I have now been on the patch for over 2 months but am noticing myself having symptoms that I had prior to using the patch. It is hard to get an appointment to my doctor and am not sure how long before I can get in, does anyone know how often or how long before I need to increase the strength of the patch? I have had a hysterectomy, I thought it was a partial hysterectomy because I still have my ovaries, I recently learned that I had a total hysterectom because I had the uterus and cervix removed. Any advice will be greatly appreciated, I too hope to be the strong woman I once was.

Comment (1)

Sponsored