SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janeinspace

dental woes and menopause

janeinspace
22 years ago

After reading some of the posts here, I feel I can maybe vent without sounding like a neurotic. I went through menopause about 4 years ago... I am now 52. Since then I have had thousands of dollars worth of root canals, crowns and partials. After the last temporary partial was done, I developed what the dentist told me was lichen planus ... weird white striations in my mouth....and dry tissue in the mouth.... I also get annoyingly painful sores near my gums or on the roof of my mouth occasionally .... I know this sounds strange but I'd swear I react to certain spicy foods... like some cheese puffs and wasabi paste (which i LOVE).... It's driving my nuts. Oddly enough, I also had some weird coin shaped exczema thing on my legs last year that went away with a topical cortizone cream. I think it's all linked to the hormonal changes of menopause... though i am on HRT. Can anyone relate? Also = wicked leg cramps sometimes at night...like I had when I was a kid!... My dentist has never mentioned menopause to me... but it seems like a match to me! Would love to hear from anyone with any similar complaints.... at first I thought it was some kind of allergy to dental preparations ....

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Pierre Jean-Baptiste Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars76 Reviews
Award-Winning Interior Designer in Loudoun County | 12x Best of Houzz