SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sasha7_gw

ER visit for a painful period; I am scared!

sasha7
11 years ago

All: I have sought out this website wanting some comfort and care because my menopause is scaring me. I had to actually go to the Emergency Room with menstrual pain from a period that has lasted 10 days! And I never know when I will have a period! Nausea, vomiting, wanting to pass out. The pain was so bad that I thought surely they would come say "we will have to do emergency surgery." Well, the CT was clear and in the end the doctor said I need to follow up with my GYN for hormone replacement, etc. I felt embarrassed... I guess no one wants to tell you that it will be this bad! Because it would scare you! He did say his wife was going through the same thing so he was sympathetic which I appreciated. BUT I will have to say that where I work, with mostly women, most think every one else is a baby about pain. I think they would laugh or be amused that I went to the ER for this. Should I care what they think? No. It's just that, this is a confusing time. I actually am working harder than I ever have, physically and mentally. The stress is high. During this episode of pain, at two in the morning, I was sitting in my rocking chair, really feeling old and tired and scared. I haven't saved for retirement like I should have. I never got married like I should have. I never had children like I should have... there are many regrets. I feel very alone and have a lot of lonely scared 50 something friends. If you can, please reply with some wisdom, advice, encouragement... Sasha

Comments (4)

Sponsored