Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
maca supplements

Posted by haymeadowfield (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 2, 02 at 19:36

Has anyone tried maca for hot flashes? I've read several articles where this really is suppose to work. I picked some up at Walmart today and am going to give it a try. Wondering if any one else has tried it? Nothing else has worked in the past.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: maca supplements

Hate to sound ignorant (even if I am!) but what on earth is maca? And what would it be called in French?!?

o

Me too. Please let me know what maca is? Thanks Lou

o

Maca is a root used by the Inca Indians for a variety of reasons including hormone balance. If you do a search on maca supplement, you can find a lot of information on it. I don't recall everything I read except the part that it is suppose to relieve hot flashes. I just started yeterday on them so will post again in a week or so and let everyone know if it works or not. Just thought maybe someone else has tried it.

o

Thanks so much. I will research it. I am off of HRT for two months and I having some hot flashes at night. I take Remefemin twice a day, but I still get warm sometimes at night. Good luck and keep us posted. Lou

o

Just want to let everyone know that I have been taking the maca root supplement for two weeks now. My hot flashes are virually gone. I take them twice a day. If I miss a dose I sometimes get a little warm. It works for me but may not work for everyone. It's worth a try.

o

Could you tell us the dose of Maca that you take?
Thanks

o

I've been taking 3 500MG tabs in the morning and 3 at night. It sure works for me. The best deal I found on these was at herbsdelivered.com. Even with the shipping it is less that Walmart.

o

Have you noticed any side effects to the Maca (also spelled MACCA I think).

I read it was good for libido---have you noticed increase or decrease in this area?

Thanks

o

I haven't noticed any side effects with the maca. I did notice that I don't have as much vaginal dryness. Hasn't done anything for libido so far but it sure has helped with the hot flashes.

o

Please check out our store for all organic MACA products and other alternative health items!

www.peru-health.com

o

increase ,decrease which hormones in body?( through balencing)

what in dose exactly?
thank you.
S. Aba

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here