SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marionr_gw

I had my Dr. appointment today and he scared me!

MarionR
22 years ago

I posted this on the health forum in error. I guess I'm not thinking too clearly. I saw the doctor today. Since I am new to this state, this was my first appointment with this OB/GYN. He took a pap smear and a cancer biopsy. He sent me for a blood test to check my thyroid and I have an ultrasound scheduled for Feb. 11. I need to make an appointment to see the doctor one week after the ultrasound.

The doctor said my uterus is enlarged to the size of 15 weeks of pregnancy. He also said that I definitely have fibroids. I saw an OB/GYN about 1 1/2 years ago. I am going by memory and maybe she said I had fibroids but obviously by not wanting me to come back before my yearly checkup, they couldn't have been bad. The doctor today said if the fibroids grew that much in 1 year, it is of great concern and could indicate cancer. So, I am worried. I went into the doctor thinking that I would have to beg him for an ultrasound because my internal wouldn't indicate anything. I am in shock at the moment. To top it off, I also saw the ENT doctor today and he said if allergies aren't the cause of my sinus problems, surgery is indicated. I will see an allergist next month.

Has anyone had the above symptoms and what was the outcome? Do I have cause to be worried? TIA

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor