Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fosamax

Posted by njtea (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 22, 06 at 19:14

I'm way past menopause so I don't know if you'll allow me to visit with you good ladies or not, but I do have a question.

I've taken Fosamax for several years now. Recently, my prescription plan doubled the cost of non-generic drugs, of which Fosamax is one. (Generic drugs increased by 50%.)

I've started taking the Fosamax every other week instead of weekly. Has anyone else done this long term and can you provide any evidence that it still works?

TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fosamax

Wish I could answer your question but have no idea. I, too, am way past menopause but on no prescription drugs of any kind. Just vitamins and progesterone cream.

Know lots of people don't agree with me, but I feel that physicians prescribe way too many drugs for patients. Pharmaceutical reps really push the 'current drug of choice' and docs go along with them and take their word for everything. Think of all the drugs that have been recalled in the past few years.

This is coming from a RN who has seen too many drugs prescribed for patients without really trying to find out their problems, then prescribe more for the side effects from the first ones, a never ending cycle.
Donna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here