Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how many symptoms do you get?

Posted by loriwoo (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 4, 10 at 18:06

So I have the night sweats, and am dealing with that.
Will that be all? I haven't had any other changes in 2 months.
Should I expect more changes and take some type of natural help now? I am doing OK, because it is better to have sweats than a period.
How long can I expect this to last before it gets better, or will it get worse?
Will I really eventually lose my bladder control, my happy mood, my energy, my hair and if so, how do women who seem fine with gray hair in their 60's deal with this? Doesn't anybody do OK after or during menopause wihtout HRP?
Thanks
Lori

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how many symptoms do you get?

Hi loriwoo,
Have you read any of the other posts? Sorry to be a killjoy but there are loads more things that could happen if you've only had night sweats for 2 months. I've had loads of different symptoms for about 7 years and I'm only? 49. On the other hand you could sail through this with only the night sweats and the odd hot flash. And you don't have to take HRT either cos there are natural remedies.I haven't lost control of my bladder or lost my hair but......oh I can't be bothered to go through all the other stuff again. The one thing that most of us try not to lose is our sense of humour (or temper)and these forums are the best places I've found to make you feel like you're not going mad when everyone else around you seems perfectly normal. One other thing you have to know is that most GPs don't link lots of symptoms with menopause and in GB they don't even use the term perimenopause. I have seen several docs over the years and most of them have looked at me as if I had a third eye when I suggest my tingling in my arm is connected to my hormones! I could go on forever but I won't, I just wanted to let you know what might happen. I hope you can keep a sense of humour and keep reading these forums cos they do help. Take care.

o

every woman can or may get differnts reactions to menopause-

Here is a link that might be useful: How-Long-Does-Menopause-Last.html

o

Yeah,I read all the posts, and that is just plain DEPRESSING, so that is another reason why I asked. I thought maybe there are more LUCKY women out there than all of you poor unlucky ones.

It is so discouraging to think about. Not fair...
Theh past 2 months have been great, more energy, no period, I have felt great the past 2 months. I just don't want it to end.
Thanks,
Lori

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here