SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wifetojoeiii

Anyon experience this? Age 53 - very heavy bleeding

wifetojoeiii
9 years ago

I am 53 and had my last "full" period about 1 year ago. I had gone 11 months without a period & then got a period. I have not had a "full" period in many months. I have had spotting, or days when I thought I would get a period and then it went away. In the past few months the spotting days were about 2-3 times a month.

On Thursday January 15 2015 I "got" my period - the flow was very normal for me. Friday was normal also. Saturday was normal until I went to bed. I use tampons & had a "Super" in when I went to bed. I woke up at about 4 am and felt myself flowing. I had leaked a spot of about 8 inches diameter on the bed. I replaced my tampon and added a nighttime pad and went to sleep in a different bed. Throughout the next day and through today my flow has increased dramatically and (this is gross, sorry) I have passed many blood clots and all are at least the size of 2 tablespoons. throughout the day today I have inserted 2 "extra super" tampons and used a pad and I am soaked through in one hour.

Given that I haven;t had a full period in a long time I assumed that I initially thought was making up for lost time. When my flowed increased so dramatically I called my doctor. Today I went for a sonogram & an internal vaginal "scope". The woman doing the sonogram understand how much I was bleeding she was shocked - and she is 56 and had fibroids for a long time. She said she would get a hysterectomy if she had my symptoms!

Has anyone experienced anything like this? Thank you.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County