SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrs_h_gw

Need advice for my mom...

Mrs_H
22 years ago

I told my mom about this forum but don't know if she will ever visit...anyway, I'm concerned about her. She's in her early 50's and we think she's going through menopause...irregular, heavy bleeding, then nothing for several months...and all the sudden crazy bleeding again. I think she said sometimes she has to use two tampons at once, not sure though. She hasn't had a gyn exam in probably three years or more, including mammo. She doesn't smoke and drink and does get exercise. I have tried to convince her to at least go to the doctor and get checked out but she is reluctant. She is really into alternative medicine and went to see a intuitive healer or whatever it's called (someone supposedly called a "doctor") and the first thing he said was, "No, don't go to a doctor." I was shocked, since she hasn't had a PAP in a few years.

Also, like another poster asked regarding major dental problems as a result of menopause, mom has had major work done in the last two years or so, including root canals, problems with caps, etc. and a possible abcess. I'm so worried about her. Any advice you can offer?

Thanks!

Comments (11)

Sponsored