SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristy_37

Estrogen that doesn't cause headaches?

Kristy_37
22 years ago

Hi everyone,

I had a total hysterectomy 2 yrs ago. I am 37 so of course I went on HRT. I went with Cenestin, since it is plant based, and heard it worked well. I started at .9 mg. 2x a day, then went down to .625 2x dy, and now am at .625 1x day. I have had headaches for 17 years on and off depending on my period, and thought that they would be gone after my Hysterectomy(done for endometriosis) or at least hoped they would subside. They did for the first 6months, and ever since have had to take med. for the headaches more than I'd like to admit. I want to work off the estrogen as soon as I can ( my mom had breast cancer at 59-postmenapause) but don't want the bone loss, night sweats, etc. etc at my age. Should I switch my hormone brand? Has anyone else had good luck with a certain one? Would quitting completely do it? I don't want to feel down in the dumps, drenched from hot flashes ,exhausted from little sleep, and anxious from the lack of estrogen either. I'm torn at what to do because of my age. If anyone has any advice I'd really appreciate it. My gyno. who has also been through an early hysterectomy already feels I am too low in estrogen for my age, although she too thinks I should probably heed the 5 year max. on estrogen because of the risks for breast cancer. Thanks for your help, Kristy

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company