SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gusgirl_gw

Could this be menopause?....

gusgirl
10 years ago

Enjoy the posts, so I thought I would throw out my dilema and see what answers I get. Background is as such:
49 y/o (50 in 4 months)
1 child 28
tubes tied 23 years ago
very regular periods...puberty through...now....

Ok so here's the story.....due to get Jan. period. Last Tues. I woke up and had slight tinge on toilet paper. Here she is I thought...tampon, pad off to work. The entire day, I only had a slight bleed on tampon, not unusual for first day of menses. Well, the next day, nothing..now we are getting unusual for me. Left just pad on, and had a small, slight brown discharge for morning only, than nothing else at all. Now this has never happened to me, so I got to surfing the web and got all scared and weirded out on what I have been reading.

Today it is almost a week later and I feel like I am going to get my period, so I am not freaking out just yet. I will wait till the entire month passes to see what happens, but I have never missed a period except almost 29 years ago when I got prego!

I have no real symptoms, night sweats, hot flashes, but I have realized that lately I have become "itchy" not dying of a scratch itch, just a tingle that a small swat will take care of. Some headaches and such on occasion, but really I feel like myself. I have no mood swings or irrability issues that my dear sweet husband has pointed out.

I probably would not have even thought of anything being wrong with me if I did not have that weird discharge day, something that has never happened to me ever!

So please, offer up some insights as to your experiences and if I am joining the menopause club, or whether or not my issues seem to be related to something else! I would welcome any advice!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations