SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dianamo1_gw

Is this peri-menopause?

dianamo1
22 years ago

Hi, I am new to this forum. I have been experiencing changes in my monthly cycle and my gyn has put me on a low dose birth control pill---which I hate the idea of. My husband got a vasectomy so I could avoid hormone treatment. Anyway, I am 36 years old and when I approached the menopause subject with my gyn, she told me I was too young. I had increasing problems with longer, heavier periods and short time between periods. The birth control pill seemed to help after the first two months, but I am again having multiple periods in a month. The PMS is awful---twice a month I become this other person and I can not handle my three children very well. I never experienced PMS like this before. I have very, very little interest in sex, which is not popular at home. My periods also come with cramps waking me in the night and I do have night sweats. Are there any of you out there having these problems at a "young" age??? My problems started a year after I had my third child, and he is now 3. I just can't afford losing 2 weeks of my life every month. Does anyone have any suggestions or imput---Thanks---dianamo1

Comments (3)

Sponsored