Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Natural menopause therapy? Alternative medicine?

Posted by ladygina (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 12, 10 at 15:12

I've been reading a lot of articles online about the supplement Lavada and how it's supposed to increase sexual desire and reduce vaginal dryness. Since I've been experiencing both effects of menopause, I was thinking about taking Lavada to help regain my intimate health. Does anyone have experience taking lavada and did it help increase your sexual desire?

Thank you
-Gina

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Natural menopause therapy? Alternative medicine?

Yes, my hormone therapy was diminishing my sex life. My girlfriend recommended Lavada not only for its botanicals and herbs but for its high iron content. Lavada actually made my libido overactive as my desire was stronger then it was before. I still use Lavada as a supplement to my hormone therapy. Last I checked, they give free samples on their site. I attached the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Where you can buy lavada

o

Beware, by buying this product, you are agreeing to a membership. They send you these pills every month and charge your card automatically.

o

Thanks twolips,
I just checked out the site and was concerned about the same thing. So I called them and they said they no longer do subscription billings and I can buy a month supply without any commitments. Sounds like they fixed that issue.

I'll respost my results from taking Lavada in a few weeks.

o

l have also read that you can drink alot of water , having sex more often to increase lubrications. being more loving holding hands ,touching other than sex, talking to you partner about your like and dislike.

Here is a link that might be useful: menopause

o

So I received my Lavada in the mail and have been taking it for over a week now. As skeptical as I was, I have to say it definitely helped increase my sexual desire and made our sex less painful since I'm no longer suffering from dryness.

On top of that, I feel more energetic too. They also gave me a free breast cancer awareness bracelet when I ordered my lavada. It's nice to see a company giving back to research for once.

eplina, As much as that may help psychologically, you can't deny the physical changes we go through during menopause. That's why women need supplements like lavada to help balance everything out.

o

For everything you need to know, read Lane Lenard PhD. and Dr. Jonathan V. Wrights new book, Stay Young & Sexy with Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement; it slams Wyeth and the FDA for hypocrisy regarding stance on Premarin and Provera.

Special attention should be given to the fact that the progestin component of the HRT, medroxyprogesterone acetate, which is branded under the name Provera, is NOT the same thing as bio-identical or natural progesterone, produced by a human body. The two are vastly different chemicals.

Provera has an additional medroxy acetate chemical group added to the original progesterone molecule. This changed the activity of progesterone into something that is not natural and, as the WHI study showed, has caused numerous side effects.

Prometrium, made by Solvay Pharmaceuticals, contains the hormone progesterone. It is structurally identical to the progesterone made naturally in the body. In fact, Prometrium is the only hormone replacement therapy medication with bio-identical progesterone that has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). It is sold in caps.

But the OTC hormone creams bypass the liver which is preferable

Read also online: The Unscientific Bioidentical Hormone Debate

By William Faloon Life Extension Magazine October 2009 Copyright 1995-2009 Life Extension Foundation

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2009/oct2009_The-Unscientific-Bioidentical-Hormone-Debate_01.htm

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here